– Come root for your favorite college basketball team at the Gwinnett Arena. The SEC Women’s Basketball Tournament is being hosted at the Arena from Thursday March 4th to Sunday March 7th. Visit http://www.ticketmaster.com for more information on times and ticket prices.
– Happy Unbirthday! Attend the Unbirthday Party at the Bogan Park Community Recreation Center On March 6th from 11am to 1pm. Admission is $8. This event is open to all ages. Celebrate a birthday party for no one! Kids will play games, decorate cookies and party to an Alice in Wonderland theme. Bring a wrapped pet “gift” to donate to the Gwinnett Humane Society! Visit http://www.gwinnettparks.com or call 770-614-2060 for more information.
– Rock Springs Park in Lawrenceville is hosting the Hope Clinic 5K Run, 1 Mile Run and Health Fair. The event is on March 6th from 7:30am to 11:00am and admission is free. The community is invited to participate in a 5K race to benefit patients of the Hope Clinic, a non-profit health clinic near downtown Lawrenceville that provides primary care for the uninsured and working poor in Gwinnett County. For more information call 770-963-4137.
– On March 6th and Martch 7th, the Gwinnett Ballett Theatre presents “Alice In Wonderland”. The event begins at 2:30pm at the Performing Arts Center at Gwinnett Center, and admission is $15 for adults and $12 for students and seniors. Alice in Wonderland is a family treat, full of all the well-loved characters from Lewis Carroll’s famous book. For more information visit http://www.gwinnettballet.org or call 770-978-0188.
– Come out to the Gwinnett Center to see the 2010 First Peachtree Regional Robotics Competition. Admission to the event is free. The competition is from March 5th to March 6th and begins at 8am. It combines the excitement of sport with the rigors of science and technology. Under strict rules, limited resources, and time limits, teams of 25 students or more are challenged to raise funds, design a team “brand”, hone teamwork skills, and build and program robots to perform prescribed tasks against a field of competitors. It’s as close to “Real-World Engineering” as a student can get. Visit http://www.usfirst.org or call 603-666-3906 for more information.
– The Georgia Blood Drag Car Show is at the Gwinnett County Fairgrounds from March 5th to March 7th and lasts all day. The show includes rods, classics, trucks, lowriders, imports and bikes. Admission is $10 per person. Call 864-230-5576 or visit http://www.georgiablooddrag.com for more information.
– Bring your dancin’ shoes and your dancin’ mood to the Line Dance-a-thon to the Shorty Howell Park in Duluth on March 6th at 6:00pm. Can you Electric Slide? Come on out for nothing but line dancing! Bring a snack to share, drinks will be provided. Admission is $8, pre-registration. Call 770-417-2212 for more information.