I know January is THE month for planning all of the enlightening and positive life-changing experiences that you will encounter in 2014, so I have compiled a list of 10 things that you MUST DO this year! It’s mostly Gwinnett stuff but I’ve thrown in a few Atlanta experiences for those of you who aren’t afraid to venture ITP.
1. National Center for Civil and Human Rights: (Opening May 2014) The Center will be a 42,000 sf. gallery in downtown Atlanta. There will be a civil rights gallery, a human rights gallery, event space, retail, permanent and rotating exhibits. The new center is expected to draw visitors from all over.
2. Gwinnett Restaurant Week: Each year in July, Explore Gwinnett staff invite locals and visitors alike to explore the hidden dining gems that are tucked away in Gwinnett’s downtowns. Enjoy 3 delectable courses at a local fine dining restaurant for one price of $21.21. Stay tuned for more information and dates.
Photo from Gwinnett Daily Post
3. Food Trucks in Gwinnett: The food trucks of downtown Atlanta have finally found their way OTP (outside the Perimeter) to Gwinnett. If you’ve never eaten food made on-site inside a truck then you are missing out. Enjoy food truck events in Suwanee, Peachtree Corners and Duluth when it warms up this Spring and Summer. Check our calendar of events for local dates.
Netherworld Haunted House
4. Netherworld: Netherworld ain’t for the faint of heart. Get your fill of ghosts, goblins, zombies and downright devilish creatures at this haunted attraction located in Norcross. Netherworld opens each year in late September and runs through early November. Come find out why they are consistently ranked as one of the best haunted houses in the nation!
5. Treetop Quest: Swing through the trees like Tarzan at Treetop Quest! Kids courses begin at age 3, but don’t let that fool you. The upper level courses are designed for adults and they will definitely have you shaking in your harness.
6. Greater Gwinnett Championship: Gwinnett’s signature golf event takes place this April 16-20 at TPC Sugarloaf in Duluth.
7. SkyView Atlanta: The new ferris wheel in Centennial Olympic Park (Atlanta) is 20 stories high with 42 gondolas. Need I say more?
Coming Soon. Buccaneer Cover at Malibu Grand Prix in Norcross
- Coming Soon. Buccaneer Cover at Malibu Grand Prix in Norcross
8. Buccaneer Cove at Malibu Grand Prix: (Opening Spring 2014) Last time I was there I took a few snapshots. Take a look (above).
9. Walk up Stone Mountain: For $10 vehicle entry fee you can enjoy the great outdoors atop Stone Mountain. On a clear day you can see downtown Atlanta and even Kennesaw Mountain. Also, get some envy-worthy snapshots for your Instagram.
10. AT&T Dolphin Tales Show at the Georgia Aquarium: Okay, so by now you’ve probably been to the world’s largest aquarium, Georgia Aquarium. But have you seen the dolphin show? It’s time to pay the cute little dolphins a visit and enjoy the show complete with songs, tricks and all the dolphin-y goodness that you can imagine. Click here to purchase online discounted tickets (must purchase the ticket called “TOTAL TICKET” to enjoy the Dolphin Show.