Did somebody say “FLEX MEX”? Tin Lizzy’s Mall of Georgia opens this Friday, November 22, 2013! Tin Lizzy’s offers delicious and affordable Tex Mex cuisine including unique tacos, quesadillas, Build Your Own Skillets and fajitas. Tin Lizzy’s is home of the $4 Margarita! See the menu here. The Explore Gwinnett staff attended the Grand Opening today and here are a few pics:
Tin Lizzy’s address is 3333 Mall of Georgia Boulevard in Buford (next to P.F. Changs in the Village at Mall of Georgia). Click here to learn more about Tin Lizzy’s!
Check out the following remaining Halloween events in Gwinnett!
- Happy Hauntings 2013 at Malibu Grand Prix: Free candy and crafts for kids! All Kids dressed in their Halloween costume will get a Malibu Grand Prix Starter Pack for only $5 Starter Pack includes 3 tickets that can be used for Go Karts, Bumper Boats and Mini Golf.
- Trick-or-Treating at Mall of Georgia: Dress the kiddies up and head to the state’s largest mall for trick or treating from store to store.
- Lawrenceville Ghost Tours: Join the Aurora Theatre’s walking tour through one of Gwinnett’s oldest cities. Hear about the haunts and folklore of downtown Lawrenceville.
- Netherworld: This Hollywood-level haunted house is not for the faint of heart. See ghouls, goblins and monsters on your journey through 2 haunted attractions. Ranked one of the nation’s best haunts and featured on the Travel Channel.
Netherworld Haunted House in Norcross
- Trick-or-Treating at Sugarloaf Mills: Visit Sugarloaf Mills on 10/30 (the night BEFORE Halloween) from 6-8 to get a jump on your candy collections!
Stay up to date with all Gwinnett events via the Explore Gwinnett app or visit our website!
Are you looking for a hotel property near Gwinnett Center? Be sure to check out the Hampton Inn Sugarloaf. The hotel just completed a lobby renovation and these pictures speak for themselves! Click here to book online.
Top 5 reasons to host your next family reunion in Gwinnett:
5. Gwinnett offers great vendors for everything from t-shirts and catering to DJs and photographers. Find all your vendors at the next family reunion workshop!
4. Accessible to Atlanta. Gwinnett is an easy ride up I-85 from Atlanta. Your family can enjoy the World of Coke, Georgia Aquarium or Centennial Olympic Park and return that same evening for festivities in Gwinnett.
3. 100 hotels in Gwinnett that are sure to fit your needs. Whether your priority is location, price or amenities we have got the perfect lodging option for you! We make it easy. Contact Cricket and share the details of your event. She will qualify our hotels and send you options for your group. Best part? It’s free!
2. Over 40 awesome parks to choose from! Gwinnett County Parks and Rec has been named best in the nation (NRPA 2008) and we know why! Affordable rental rates, awesome pavilions, picturesque green space and lakes, family-friendly pools. What more could you want?
1. Explore Gwinnett offers FREE services to help you in your planning! Attend the free Reunion Workshop or seek suggestions from Cricket on planning your itinerary. Best of all, Cricket can handle reaching out to Gwinnett’s hotels for discounted hotel room blocks! To top it off, you may qualify for FREE welcome bags for your group!
Mark your calendar for Explore Gwinnett’s next Family Reunion Workshop on Friday, October 18th at 10AM. Learn the ABC’s of planning your next reunion from Cricket Elliott-Leeper, Family Reunion Specialist. Details here. RSVP required to Cricket Elliott-Leeper (firstname.lastname@example.org).
This Friday and Saturday tax-free weekend returns once again to Georgia! This is the perfect time for stocking up on back-to-school clothing and supplies! Click here for a full list of items that qualify as tax-free.
Gwinnett offers the best shopping for tax-free weekend. Support one of the small businesses in one of Gwinnett’s great downtowns. Visit Dress Up or La-Ti-Da in Suwanee or K-La or Fab’rik in Peachtree Corners. Shop at Sugarloaf Mills this weekend to find deals at Old Navy Outlet, Forever 21, Charlotte Russe, Off Saks 5th Avenue or Last Call Neiman Marcus. Sugarloaf Mills will host a free fashion show on Saturday, August 10th! The Shoppes at Webb Gin in Lawrenceville/Snellville is another fantastic place to shop for great brands! Visit Aeropostle, DSW, Francesca’s Collections or New York & Company! As always, you can visit Mall of Georgia for unbeatable shopping choices. For a complete list of Gwinnett’s shopping options visit our website.
The Shoppes at Webb Gin in Snellville